I’ve had a lot going on lately, moving and settling in to my new home and a new routine.
I realized that I have been doing some heavy work – physically and mentally – over the past 6 months. Now, that I’ve moved to my new home, and started a new chapter, I realized that in order to be my best self and be more present for me and those around me, I need to rest. When I feel like I need to rest, I practice deep relaxation.
Deep relaxation can help your body and mind recover from stress.
Other benefits of deep relaxation, as suggested by Mayoclinic.org are:
- Slowing heart rate
- Lowering blood pressure
- Slowing your breathing rate
- Improving digestion
- Maintaining normal blood sugar levels
- Reducing activity of stress hormones
- Increasing blood flow to major muscles
- Reducing muscle tension and chronic pain
- Improving concentration and mood
- Improving sleep quality
- Lowering fatigue
- Reducing anger and frustration
- Boosting confidence to handle problems
All of these are wins gained from a deep relaxation practice.
Here is a deep relaxation practice called the 61 Points of Light that I recorded. I’m sharing it with you so that you can enjoy your own deep relaxation practice and reap the benefits for yourself. Lie down in a quiet place and enjoy.
May you have peace within,